Re: Planting iris in pots.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Planting iris in pots.
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 09:32:38 -0600 (MDT)

Gayla:  If they're showing growth, however small, I would not dig and
pot now.  In my NW Iowa setting, at least, a good mulch (non-packing
material that lets air circulate but keeps the winter sun off the
rhizomes.  That way they don't freeze/that/freeze, and they aren't so
likely to frost-heave.  Here, at least, that's important, and I would
expect it to be so for you, even though you are somewhat farther
south.  (I have a daughter in Macomb, so I know something of what
your winter is like.)

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250