Thanks to everyone for the help

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Thanks to everyone for the help
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:02:08 -0600 (MDT)

You pegged it Mr. Moore.  I work in Eastland, but live 7 mi out on a small
cattle ranch and yes I know Judge Bailey very well.  I have until last week
been in a court guardianship and of course see him often doing the filing
thru the court.  I printed your message for him.  He will be delighted.  I
expect to see him later this week, as he is not yet retired.  Unless he
changes his mind, he plans to retire at the end of this term.

My snail address is as follows:  1102 CR 192
                                               Carbon TX  76435
and no, it is not too late to plant TBs here.  Actually, the end of Sept
thru the middle of Oct are the best time in this part of Texas and if you
are sure, I would be delighted to receive BAYBERRY CANDLE.  Thanks Libby,
for the offer.

As for preferred types Anner, I like a wide variety.  My very favorite iris
is one which was growing by the old cellar when we moved here in 1950.
When the word iris is mentioned, that is the one which comes to mind.  It
is still surviving in a good sized clump in what is now my barn lot,
surviving droughts, fires, total neglect and loads of cow traffic.  I
finally got some tubers moved here to the yard this fall and they have
already increased.  It has been around as long as my memory goes back,
enduring as part of my surroundings and therefore I am partial to it above
all the rest, notwithstanding there are many more irises with nicer