Re: rot prevention -Reply

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: rot prevention -Reply
  • From: Merrily A Smith <mesm@loc.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:28:49 -0600 (MDT)

Linda Mann:  Thank you for for your suggestion about the Reemay.  Sounds like it would be a good material
to use in protecting a variety of plants from early autumn frosts.
    I also appreicate your words of wisdom about viewing rot as an opportunity to buy new irises.  Do
seasoned gardner's ever experience similar hubris as I in assuming that all events in the garden result from
my own intervention (or lack thereof)?  Still, having been born and raised in Minnesota, I seem to have the
notion that weather is something that one "takes on," always pretending not to, of course.
    Anyhow, last week I was worried about freezes/thaws, and looking at the news today I am wondering if
it's more likely to be all freeze.  Freeze I can deal with.

Merrily, on Capitol Hill in DC