TB Identification

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TB Identification
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:53:10 -0600 (MDT)

I have a lovely TB which I acquired some years ago (it is a very
modern form, however) under the name GLITTERING DAWN.  In trying to
find it in the R & I books, however, I ran stuck, as there was no
such name I could find.  It matches the name--a pink with definite
apricot overtones, and a glitter when the sunlight shines across
it---, is a large flower, not very tall for a TB but definitely a TB
flower, not a flower so new it has a great number of blossoms per
stalk.  Either I didn't look carefully enough (always possible, tho
I went thru the books a number of times), or the person from whom I
got it had things wrong or ..........  Anyway, I just wondered if
anyone had any suggestions about identity or how I might track it
down, if you've ever heard of an iris by that name, in short,
anything that might help me find out what I really have.

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250