Re: TB Identification

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB Identification
  • From: daf10@cornell.edu (Dorothy A. Fingerhood)
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:34:00 -0600 (MDT)

>I have a lovely TB which I acquired some years ago (it is a very
>modern form, however) under the name GLITTERING DAWN.  In trying to
>find it in the R & I books, however, I ran stuck, as there was no
>such name I could find.  It matches the name--a pink with definite
>apricot overtones, and a glitter when the sunlight shines across
>it---, is a large flower, not very tall for a TB but definitely a TB
>flower, not a flower so new it has a great number of blossoms per

Hmmm...sounds a bit like MINNESOTA GLITTERS, but I would call MINNESOTA more
salmon than pink--but it's all in the eye of the beholder.  And its been a
few years since I've grown it.  Probably the proverbial
needle-in-the-haystack, Arnold.  Good luck!

Dorothy Fingerhood
Newfield, NY  (Flaking today--and not dandruff, either)