OT: Northern weather

	After seeing Rima's, Dorothy's and Maureen's remarks about snow
	and/or flurries, I just had to add that yes, we have had real snow
	accumulation more than once. The first time was a fleeting one in
	September when Larry and Jean Doucette were visiting and saw the
	snow on the mountains....it didn't really accumulate much in Sept.
	but yesterday was a banner day when I had to scape/shovel to rake
	the rest of the leaves off the garden. Again today....another year
	when I didn't weed soon enough and the ground is frozen...but it
	will thaw out this afternoon for a few hours...hopefully. Now to
	make myself get out there in this frigid wind on my hands and knees.

	We still have tall asters blooming (right next to the garage on the

	South side), liatris, one fall-blooming white alpine allium and
	the sedum 'Autumn Joy' doing their thing.

	At least all the bulbs are planted and I am going to plant my
	Siberian seeds on Sat. and am also planting some lily seeds for
	the first time. :-)

	Happy Fall,

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /    Zone 3
Siberian iris robin    /  sibrob@ncia.net