Having it all...

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Having it all...
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 05:17:38 -0600 (MDT)

Last year, Lloyd Zurbrigg (I think) said he sometimes digs his fall
budded rebloomers that are threatened with freezing and brings them in
the house to enjoy.  With the luxury of 3 clumps of HARVEST OF MEMORIES
loaded with buds and blooms, I did just that.  He must live in a bigger
house!!  My living room is now graced with an enormous clump with one
huge stalk with 4 fully open blooms and at least 4 more buds, one stalk
with buds barely showing color and a third with no color showing.  I
have to squeeze past it everytime I come in the front door.  This is
wonderful.  All three stalks weren't touched by 32o, but the 28 or lower
temps last night mushed the open blooms on the unprotected clump still
in the garden.  The other clump is under Reemay supported by 4 ft rebar
electric fence posts capped with scrap poly pipe cross pieces.  No more
freezes in the forecast for a while.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA