Re: CULT:Reticulata/Danfordiae - Companions

Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:
> [snip]
> Weather reports indicate that the snowstorm we had yesterday turned
> nastier on your side of the Rockies.

It did, Jeff -- in Evergreen we've got nearly 2' of the white stuff at
10 am Sat. & it's still coming down. Now about the hose that's sprawled
on the ground that I forgot all about yesterday...

Back OT, I have I. reticulata dibbled in all over the place & it seems
happy as can be. I don't grow I. danfordiae as I've heard it poops out
after a year or two, not only doesn't increase well but just goes away.
This may not be true if conditions are right but since I'm at the
extreme point of it's hardiness area I decided to pass on that one --
ditto for Dutch iris, but the Snow Iris are doing well in a variety of
locations, in full sun or lt. shade. It blooms so early I have to
remember to go looking for it but its jewel-like colors are worth the
trips out in the cold of early spring here.

Marte in the mtns	Zone 4/Sunset 1  Colorado    Where I'm wondering
what other surprises are buried out there under the snow that I gave not
a thot to yesterday...