SHOW: Spring time in Adelaide

Hi all,
         Just a note about my visit to the South Australian Spring Iris Show
yesterday.  I got to meet our very own Sue Stribley (hi Sue!), bought my
first US catalogue (a 95 one from Cooleys) and.....I ordered Grosvenor's new
book.
A local nursery had reduced the price for show customers only.  They're
going to send it to me (postage free) in about a week.  Now, how to persuade
my loving family to give it to me now, rather than waiting till Christmas.....
        Believe it or not, I only came home with one iris - Bahloo, and it
turned out that the guy selling it (who runs the other local nursery) used
to be a student of my Dad's!
        Anyway......I was much taken with the Louisianas on display, and
while I may not know much about them yet, I will say that I think Peter
Jackson (an Adelaide hybridizer) is going to make a name for himself with
his Louisiana seedlings.  Some of them were just gorgeous....

Ok, I'll let you get back to your respective gardens now.

Ann Pearce