Bloom Stalkings

	About two weeks or so ago, I reported on a stalk of CLARENCE just
breaking the fan.  It has been held in suspended animation by two weeks of
rather cool weather, but after three days of seventies, the terminal bud
and a branch bud are about ready to pop...maybe this afternoon.

	MATRIX terminal bloom survived yesterday's storm and is looking
good this morning after unfurling over night.  Also in bloom are GRAPE
REPRISE, FEEDBACK, BLATANT, SUNNY DISPOSITION, DIME SPOT, and NORTHWARD
HO.
	Some buds just breaking the fans are JENNIFER REBECCA, HARVEST OF
MEMORIES, HAUNTING MUSIC, SUMMER OLYMPICS, CONSTANT COMPANION, AZURE
REPRISE, SCORPIO SNOW, BOUNTIFUL HARVEST, WALTZ ACROSS TEXAS, and a few
seedlings.  We are scheduled for another week of cool weather with highs
in the fifties and sixties so these will be late to bloom if they are not
caught in a freeze.  No freeze was mentioned so hopefully they will bloom.
I am keeping my fingers crossed!

	Based on stalk production and over-all quality of bloom, there
have been two garden 'queens' - BLATANT  and NORTHWARD HO.  These two are
planted near the street and have stopped traffic!  I have received
inquiries as to "Why are your irises blooming?" and "What is the name of
that yellow and wine iris and why is it blooming so late?" (BLATANT)

		Walter Moores
		Enid Lake, MS 7/8