Re: Fall Fragrance

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Fall Fragrance
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:39:25 -0700 (MST)

The message from Bill Shear about powerful fragrances from a couple
blooming plants made me just a little envious.  Here in NW Iowa the
only fall fragrance one can notice comes from all the manure being
spread on the farm fields!  Farmers call it the small of money!
We've had temps into the mid-teens, so flowers outside are only a
memory, and there's worse to come.  HOWEVER,  there's no snow.  The
biggie that messed up everything from Utah to Michigan missed our
corner of the state, so we at least have bright skies the past few
days.  Be thankful for what you have.

Arnold Koekkoek

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250