historics in the cold

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: historics in the cold
  • From: Merrily A Smith <mesm@loc.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 06:31:55 -0700 (MST)

Minne Colquitt (H. Sass 1942)
New Snow
Pinnacle (Stevens 1949)
Snoqualmie (Brehm 1938)
Treasure Island (Kleinsorge 1937)
Lovely Letty (Hall 1960)
Orchid Ruffles (Schreiner 1954)

All of these flourish in St. Paul, Minnesota, and my mother won prizes at the St. Paul iris show with some of
them in the 1950s.  Now they are doing better in my DC garden than many of the much newer hybrids.  New
Snow, Snoqualmie, and Treasure Island increase so fast you almost have to stand back so as not to get in
their way.  Minnie Colquitt is another toughie; pretty, too.