Re: Royal Flush

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Royal Flush
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 06:55:46 -0700 (MST)

Rusty, hi. I can't remember if anyone answered this request for you yet or not.

ORANGE TREAT (B. Hamner, 990) TB 37", M. Ruffled orange (RHS 26B);
tangerine beard; slight fragrance.

I couldn't find a ROYAL FLUSH, which doesn't mean it doesn't exist,
necessarily. I'm not perfect for one thing, and for another, I don't have
the '97 list. But I did find ROYAL BLUSH, and knowing of Mr. Keppel's
attitude toward easily confused names, I suspect this is your plant.

ROYAL BLUSH (H, Nichols '78) SDB, 14", E-L. S purple; F purple, washed
red-violet, heavily ruffled, electric blue beard.

Little Rock