Re: SHOW: A.N.Z. Championships

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SHOW: A.N.Z. Championships
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:01:08 -0700 (MST)

Fiona writes:
> The A.N.Z championships is the one of the main sections in the show.  It
> is called A.N.Z because it is sponsored by the A.N.Z bank here in
> Tasmania.
> 12 single blooms need to be entered, not the whole stalks just the
> single blooms, and they all need to be different tall bearded cultivars.
> They are only judged on the quality of the blooms, as in size and
> coloring etc......and also things like wheather they are all open at the
> same stage, and none are still in bud,

Thanks for the explanation, Fiona! As Walter Moores mentions in his posting
on this subject it sounds something like an English box, except that your
original question was about the kinds of containers you should use for your
entry, so it must not be as standardized a display format as an English

It is interesting that you have commercial sponsorship for this display. I
am not aware of any such sponsorship at the iris shows with which I am
familiar, but it might well be a concept worth pursuing. After all, our
iris club maintains an account at a local bank (which does not draw
interest), so we might as well try to get something out of them. ((-: