Re: CULT: "beneficial nematodes" on cable TV

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: "beneficial nematodes" on cable TV
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 19:13:18 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 97-10-28 11:31:29 EST,Celia writes:

<< dissolved "beneficial nematodes." She wasn't any more specific than that,
 but she promised a very specific result: The borers would explode, she
 We don't have to deal with borers here in Arkansas, but I know many, many
 other listers do. Did anyone else see this show? Does anyone know which
 nematode the expert spritzed onto her iris? Do we need to ask "Grow It!"
 for a clarification? >>
I thought the "explode" comment was peculiar.  She used it several times. She
did not suggest a source for her nematodes.  Also, that program being a
national show does not suggest where the advice portions are filmed or in
what area they might be effective.  She did not cite a source of her
information as I think of it!

HGTV followed that with Joanna Reed's famous Malvern, PA garden.  I hope you
saw that one as well as the above.  Ms. Reed, a widow over 80 years of age
maintains a huge garden that can be toured by the public.  She was a
wonderful interview. I have been there and been duly impressed.

HGTV has a website where you can look at program information and write to the
various programs via e-mail.  I find the nematodes to good to be true,
probably freeze to death up my way.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, New York - zone 4 - snow flurries