Re: TB: Hybridizers' Names

Barbara Mann wrote:
> .
> Leslie Jobe' Omaha, NE  Region 21
> We woke up to a foot of heavy wet snow-70,000 homes without power,
> lots of downed power lines and tree branches. I don't think many of our
> trees still have branches. The only one that is still in pretty good
> shape is a locust with small leaves. It is still snowing.
> So, Leslie, aren't you sorry you left New Mexico?  We got less than an inch of
> snow and the temps dropped far enough to freeze the surface of the fish ponds,
> but the sun is now out (earlier, anyway) and it's warming up to tolerable
> range.
> Barb in Santa Fe
Hi Barb, Yes, we never wanted to leave,but we had to follow the old pay
check, you know. Our trip to Santa Fe, this fall, for the regional
convention was a shot in the arm for us. We have to come back as often
as we can  just to keep us going up here! We ended up with two foot of
wet, heavy, snow but it is melting fast. We leave this afternoon for
Texas, to visit my son and his family, so we should get warmed back up.
The temp. is 24 here. There is still 15,000 homes without power here.
They hope to have them all restored by Sunday. The downed trees are what
is making it hard to get it done any faster.