Re: CULT: weed control

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: weed control
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:58:06 -0700 (MST)

J. Griffin Crump wrote:

> Gavin -- I have tried without success to obtain Poast, and have been
> told that it is no longer produced.

Griff--

POAST is produced by the BASF Corporation and it is still available on
our shelves here in California.  And you wouldn't believe the
agricultural restrictions California has!  We saw it on the shelves of a
local store not too long ago--we still recommend it to our customers
with grass problems.

We had used it for several years to kill grass in our iris, that is when
we had grass in our iris beds--solarizing takes care of grass for us
now!  You can spray it right over the iris and it will kill the grass,
but not broadleaf weeds--only grass.  But it is a somewhat slow killer,
especially in cooler weather, and the "debris" seems to stay there, not
disintegrate like it does with some other herbicides.

BTW Griff, we just returned from a trip to the East and we spent several
hours this Tuesday afternoon (the 28th) trying to reach you via phone
while we were in our old home of Falls Church, Virginia (no, we didn't
leave a message on your machine--time was tight).  Sorry we missed you.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8--where we're glad to
be back in sunny California after 9 days in the windy and COLD (to us)
East!