Re: CAT: Taboo subject

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CAT: Taboo subject
  • From: John Bruce <jbruce@infinet.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:45:45 -0700 (MST)

Steven & Sharlyn Rocha wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>         I've been trapping, flooding and trapping pocket gophers for a lifetime.
> The dogs dig up my iris and make a mess of everything trying to get at the
> gophers.  The gophers tunnel and ruin my rows and eat the roots and the
> rhizomes.  Lately, I can't seem to catch a one.
>         I know there are some of you who don't agree with me on this issue, but
> here goes anyway. I want to kill as many gophers in my lifetime as is
> humanly possible. I need a source for a probe that you stick down through
> the ground into the GOPHER'S tunnel and poison pellets drop through the
> probe and into the tunnel.  I have heard that these are very effective.  By
> the way, Bill Murray in CADDYSHACK is my favorite hero and mentor.
>                                 Happy Halloween,
>                                       Steve
>
> Steven & Sharlyn Rocha
> srocha@pacbell.net
> Region 15, Zone 9
> Ramona Ca. 25 miles N.E. of San Diego
> http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7679

I feel the same way about the squirrels who like to dig at the base of
the newly planted rhizomes, and even dig them up to bury peanuts...But
with a dog and a 2.5 yr old, there are limited options with respect to
poison peanuts. Any suggestions?  Maybe Bill Murray would consider
moonlighting....

John Bruce
SW OH