Archives: Recurring questions

We are fans of the Archives of this list and drop in there frequently when we
need to check something out or refresh our memories. Over the past months an
incredible amount of stuff has been discussed and there is some really
valuable information there, and a lot of fun things, too. We always like to
suggest that new folks drop in and poke around to get a feel for the list so
they won't feel quite so shy.

We think, however, that it is to be expected that some questions will recur
from time to time, and this is good. Gardening is a cyclical activity and
problems emerge anew with the cycles. Recurring questions simply means that
there are recurring cultural problems or unresolved questions about something
or other. The recurrence of the problem is interesting in itself, as may be
the persistence of the issue. Nor is the list population static. Old folks
drift off, and new folks come aboard. People are looking for solutions and
want to tap the collective wisdom. Among the members of the list are
wonderful pockets of expertise on all sorts of interesting things and we are
continually amazed about the high class information that emerges. So we don't
mind recurrent discussions of questions that have been discussed previously,
even those which would appear to have received comprehensive treatment. New
insights may become available at any moment from this flowing, growing
collection of individuals, all with their own unique experiences to share.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, Va
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com