Re: HIST- Seeking Zone 4-hardy recommendations

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HIST- Seeking Zone 4-hardy recommendations
  • From: Henryanner@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:12:34 -0700 (MST)

Greetings,

My appreciation to Ellen, Juri, Merrily, and Marte for their kind replies to
my question about good historic bearded irises for extreme climates. The
received wisdom is that a certain element of tenderness entered the genetic
picture with the inclusion of some less hardy species like mesopotamica and
trojana, and thus some of the earlier hybrids and selections may have an edge
over some later cultivars. It is wonderful to know that so many things are
possible in the colder climates.

I stumbled on something when I was snooping around the other lists archived
with our list stuff. I include it, with my thanks, for you all with your
chilly climes. A person in Norway posted  to the primrose list and you should
read the nifty plant list on their page! I wept with envy, metaphorically
speaking. Go to:

magnar@ASPAKER.NO

Thanks again----- and Rima I'll get back to you shortly on all this!!

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA