HIST:SIB Royal Flush

Walter Moores wrote:

<< Barb, I am glad that you answered this because I never saw my  answer to
the original post and had surmised it went to cyber heaven.  I  wonder if RF
is still around. >>

Sad to say, I don't find anything by that name listed in the most recent
DataBank of the Historic Iris Preservation Society, which means that as of the
last update no one had reported still growing what they believe to be this
cultivar. HIPS is very interested in preserving historic cultivars----those
more than thirty years old---of ALL kinds of irises and especially encourages
those interested in beardless cultivars and historic species to become
involved in our conservation efforts.

I would be very grateful for any information whatsoever the list might have
about good sources of historic beardless cultivars, whether Siberian,
Japanese, Spuria, or other types. When people or institutions are looking for
a specific historic iris to add to their collections,  HIPS routes their
question to me. I hate to disappoint them.

Anner M. Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society, AIS
"Don't let the old ones slip away".