  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:32:28 -0700 (MST)

     A few years ago, I once read that the TB Iris WHITE LIGHTNING was
being successfully grown in Caracas, Venezuela.  That makes me wonder how
this Iris would perform along or maybe south of the area that is generally
considered the southern limit of bearded Iris culture.  How does this Iris
perform in the southern parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia,
and South Carolina?  Does it have potential for success in Florida?
     I had this Iris for a period of time in Kentucky, but I discarded it
because it failed to bloom.  It was not that it did not try to bloom, but
those blasted April/May freezes kept destroying the bloom stalks.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.