Siberian Observation

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Siberian Observation
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:44:58 -0700 (MST)

     Here is something that I wonder if anyone else has noticed.  In
Kentucky, I noticed that the Siberian Iris varieties with wide leaves were
more heat and drought tolerant there than those with  thin grass-like
leaves.  Has anyone else noticed this or was it my imagination.
     If there is something to this, it stands to reason that the wider
leafed Siberians would be better suited in the south than those with grassy
foliage.  Those with wider leaves also tended to get established faster
than those with grassy leaves.  Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.