  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB: WHITE LIGHTNING
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:58:24 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, william b. cook wrote:
>      I had this Iris for a period of time in Kentucky, but I discarded it
> because it failed to bloom.  It was not that it did not try to bloom, but
> those blasted April/May freezes kept destroying the bloom stalks.
> Mark A. Cook
> billc@atlantic.net
> Dunnellon, FL.
	WL is a very tender iris in North MS.  I had brought it with me in
my move from TX and had seedlings out of it.  Both WL and its progeny were
victims of spring cold snaps.  I do not know how WL might do farther south
in MS.  I would steer clear of any variety marked E, VE, and VVE for fear
it would be cold sensitive.  This also is the problem with some of the
early blooming Blyth things, which have previously been discussed here.
WL is gawjus in the right climate!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8