Re: CULT: weed control

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: weed control
  • From: "Bob Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:42:17 -0700 (MST)

>I've used Grass-be-gone  successfully among my siberians, japanese and
perennials.

I can also report good results with Ortho's Grass-B-Gone, to get perennial
grass out,
especially couch grass, this is just about the only way. My irises are not
phased by
this product, but the label clearly says not to get large amounts on the
leaves of your
valued plants. Coral bells are ruined by this stuff, I have discovered. Use
with caution
when in doubt. (To be truthful, I have found that even Round Up may be
tolerated by
irises. I have tried to get rid of spurias this way, and they come back
from surviving
roots, sometimes a year later.)

*Robert Dickow, Assoc Prof. of Horn/Theory/Comp *
*Lionel Hampton School of Music Moscow ID 83843*
*                        dickow@uidaho.edu                        *
*            URL: http://www.uidaho.edu/~dickow/     *