Re: Taboo subject

Steven says:

>I want to kill as many gophers in my lifetime as is
> humanly possible.

It's funny how protective we can be of our own lairs, isn't it.  I have a
friend who developed the same attitude toward raccoons after they
continually looted his attic.  He finally had to board a beautiful old
paned dormer window to keep them out.  In my case it's armadillos.  I don't
mind the critters as long as they stay in the pasture, but my temper boils
when I've discovered they've gone into a digging frenzy in the flowerbed
and sometimes the grass is so pocked its dangerous for anyone over the age
of thirty to walk across.  I read where blood meal acted as a repellent and
I used it this year.  It may help, but it wasn't a complete success either.