Re: Florida suggestions

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Florida suggestions
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:55:23 -0700 (MST)

Shelley,
     I was wondering about something similar myself.  I grew Irises in
Kentucky and am wondering which ones will grow here.  I do know that
Louisianas and Iris psuedacorus, as well as Iris tridentata will grow at
least as far down as Citrus County, possibly further.
     It is this curiosity that has prompted my questions about WHITE
LIGHTNING.  I am doing some experimenting with Irises here, so I will let
you all know how things turn out.
     One lady here mentioned a similar problem of getting TB plants to
grow, but could not get them to bloom.  The plants in question are "normal"
Irises that bloom only once a year.  I am trying some rebloomers, but since
I have been here only one month, it is still to early to tell anything.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.            3.30 inches of rain as of 5:15 PM EST.