Re: Re: cult: REBLOOMERS

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: cult: REBLOOMERS
  • From: "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 02:34:50 -0500

SDB What Again's very nice looking.  I'll have to try REFINED.   I just got
Immortality this year, but I do believe Sandra Barss, who lives about 25
minutes away, reported rebloom this year.

My soil's not acidic, more basic, and clay.  Even the topsoil they sell you
is basically clay, with some peat moss mixed in, and sieved very finely.

And thank you, Rosalie!  I really never concentrated on rebloom in the past,
not believing anything actually could rebloom in this cold zone.  Then along
came SDB Forever Blue!  It rebloomed in July '99, July '00 and again in Sept
'00, so I was rather surprised that it didn't rebloom this July, and shows
no signs of reblooming in Sept either.  But, it's probably because it
bloomed for so long, as I mentioned in my earlier email.  I inspected my 2
clumps, plus one I moved after the first bloom, almost daily thru July to
today, and almost missed seeing What Again!  I admired it several times
throughout the day!

It was an amazing season, with almost every iris blooming a week or 2 longer
than usual, so I really have no complaints.

El, near Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada Z3

Monitoring Service trial