Re: Re: CULT: HYB: Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: HYB: Seedlings
  • From: patsiris@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 22:25:34 EDT

Does anyone out there hybridize spurias?    I have about 25 seedlings that
came up last fall and are still only about 8" tall.   The siberians I started
are much bigger and more robust looking.   I started the spu seeds in the
ground and have not moved them.   Also, how long does it take, usually, for
spuria seeds from germination to first bloom?
Our weather has cooled this past week with clouds but not much rain.   I hope
rebloomers will send up some buds soon.   Last year at this time we had over
100 every day, where as
we have had 80's recently.   What a nice change!
                                                             Pat in Dallas

Monitoring Service trial