  • Subject: Re: OT: ''MAIL ORDERS
  • From: pbrooks@whidbey.net
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:46:47 -0000

Ah, now I understand.  I hadn't ordered from Wayside because their
prices are so high.  But sort of out of guilt that I gorge on their
catalog, I ordered two plants from them last year.  They both came
dead.  I planted them just to be sure, but they proved to be dead.
Wayside refunded my payment, but I was mystified as to why such an
apparently big nursery should risk its reputation by sending inferior
plants.  But if they're a broker, one might well expect that plants
making two trips instead of one might give up the ghost before it
reaches the customer.  How do they stay in business?

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8-9

--- In iris-talk@y..., RYFigge@a... wrote:
> Wayside is more a broker than a big nursery =  they put your orders
out to
> others and that is why they come in driblets and not all at once.
I suspect
> that of White Flower and all those places are sort of suspect for
anyone in
> AIS - at least    you cann[t count on irises beingproperly
named,etc ,  Years
> ago I was in a big iris garden's office and saw an order from
Wayside on the
> desk === SO why not order from an iris co in the first  place?
> figge nr Baltimore,USA   ryfigge@a...

Monitoring Service trial