Re: SPU: Starting Seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPU: Starting Seeds
  • From: "Hensler" <christyh@povn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 06:51:04 -0700

Judy,

Spuria seeds germinate most readily if planted as soon as they're harvested
in the fall. If starting with very dry seeds, just be sure to soak them well
before planting. Germination improves considerably with stratification so if
you don't have a good winter chill, plan on at least a month's time in the
veggie crisper.

Patience is a must. I've noticed that some will germinate the next spring
but the remainder can take 2 to 4 years.

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA
http://www.povn.com/rock/