Re: CULT: Something eating rhizomes

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Something eating rhizomes
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:59:29 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/01 11:44:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
vincelewonski@yahoo.com writes:

<< Probably crickets >>

I discovered today (haven't inspected closely in several weeks) that crickets
are working on my irises again.  I believe they are earlier this year than
last.  I'd hoped our colder winter had frozen most of them out.  The only
thing I found that worked well last year was covering the rhizomes so they
can't get to them.  Tricky at best, and not something that can be done once
they've dug their deep holes.

Several from last year are rather slow to recover.

Betty from BG KY

The Nissan Sentra
Everything but compact