Re: SPU: Starting Seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPU: Starting Seeds
  • From: judyhunt1@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:15:51 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/01 9:50:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, christyh@povn.com
 <Spuria seeds germinate most readily if planted as soon as they're harvested
 in the fall. If starting with very dry seeds, just be sure to soak them well
 before planting. Germination improves considerably with stratification so if
 you don't have a good winter chill, plan on at least a month's time in the
 veggie crisper.>
 Thanks, Christy.  I must get them planted right away...they have been in a
cup on the kitchen counter for several days.  I will soak them, then plant.
I like STARS AT NIGHT so much...hope something comes from these seeds.  I
will try to be patient!

Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY, Zone 6

Monitoring Service trial