CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot

  • Subject: CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:07:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- wmoores <wmoores@watervalley.net> wrote:

>    I think the Dial handsoap might be a preventive only.
> I have not
> found it to be a cure even at 100% strength.  There have
> been
> testimonials to the contrary, and I don't know what I am
> doing that
> makes Dial soap ineffective for me, but it just doesn't
> cure my kind
> of rot.
>
>    Walter Moores
>     Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

   I know two big growers in PA that have used the
antibacterial dish soap, with nothing else, and swear that
it cleared up all the rot they had. Luckily, I have not had
bad rot the last couple years, so I can't vouch for this. I
have started using the antibacterial soap in lieu of
regular soap as a "sticker" when spraying for borer and
spot. Can't hurt...

=====
Vince Lewonski
vincelewonski@yahoo.com