RE: CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:50:09 -0700

> From: 	Bill Shear[SMTP:wshear@hsc.edu]
>
> >> Meanwhile I'll stick with my grapefruit spoon and can of Comet.

How come I seem to be the only one who found bleach-type treatments for rot
to be (A) relatively ineffective, and (B) extremely bad in tending to
suppress root growth resulting in an often fatal loss of general vigor.  I
have had nothing but success using powdered concrete or mortar mix on the
"wound" (after, of course, scraping out all the afffected area).  Similar
principle, it creates a hostile environment (pH) for invading bacteria.

Hasn't anyone else had the same trouble with bleach, or even tried my idea?

John Reeds, in sunny southern Calif.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!