Re: Cult: TBs

I am as prone to complain about irises that don't do well for me as anyone.
This time I want to commend some that have stood up to four months of
consistent temperatures between 105 and 110 degrees F. with night time
temperatures in the 80s and are still growing beautifully, multiplying well
and show no signs of rot.  First the old ones: Skating Party, Mary Frances,
Lady Friend, Jesse's Song, Anna Belle Babson.  Now some newer ones: Smiling
Gold, Noreen's Delight, Purple Pirouette, Carnival Song, Bay City, Penny
Lane, Stairway to Heaven.  That's not all, just the ones that come to mind
after three weeks of digging them in the heat. I had to dig a first year
clump of Ring Around Rosie because it was too crowded.  It yielded 10 big,
healthy rhizomes.  That's too much growth; I can't dig irises every year!
    With a few beautiful exceptions, they are really tough, hardy plants.
Francelle Edwards  where September temperatures are 108 F. and my mantra is:
October is coming.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!