Re: Iris in Large Barrels

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris in Large Barrels
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:37:20 EDT

Pat, I may have missed your "bio" or something, but you didn't say where you
lived (State/zone) and I think that might  be an inflouence.  I have never
done this, but you might run into trouble with rotting the rz  if you had to
water a lot if you are in a dry area ?? ?   My irises don't disappear when
they stop blooming - What type were you thinking of planting?  Arils might
disappear here, but they don.]'t stand a lot of water either  -- they need to
be dug up here because it is too wet in the summer, that's why I don't  have
them.   Dwarfs could be hidden with other plants, I guess -- but you'd need
to try rebloomers anyhow - they can use extra water and then might surprise
you with another bloom season!    Rosalie nr Baltimore   zone 7
ryfigge@aol.com

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!