Re: Cult: TBs and Rot

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Cult: TBs and Rot
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 06:12:50 -0500

On 5 Sep 01, at 22:24, Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:

> > From: wmoores <wmoores@watervalley.net>
> > I cannot remember the last plic that rotted.
> > I'll think about that tomorrow.
>
> Walter,
>
> Does the name GIGOLO jar your memory?
>
> Jeff Walters in northern Utah  (USDA Zone 4/5, Sunset Zone 2, AHS Zone 7)
> jcwalters@bridgernet.com

  GIGOLO and the yellow ground progeny from it were not killed by rot here.  In
fact, G is still alive in my back forty..  The problem with it is
that it starts growth too early in the spring and gets cut back by a
late freeze.  Once in five years G will have a successful bloom
season.  It's going out soon.

   FANCY WOMAN, luminata/plic, falls in the same category.  It is
even earlier to attempt bloom than GIGOLO and gets frozen every year
and then recovers and makes beautiful summer foliage, only to get cut
back again in the early spring.  It has never bloomed here, and I
chunked it this spring.

  Walter Moores
   Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

FREE COLLEGE MONEY