CULT: Special care

  • Subject: CULT: Special care
  • From: Pat Mitchell <pattm@execpc.com>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:22:42 -0500

From: Carol Canfield <Carolcc5@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: CULT: Special care
And all of these postings lead to my personal
philosophy of iris growing.  I acquire as many as I can
as cheaply as I can and then whatever can survive my
haphazard care stays and what dies is like the
'weakest link'.  Goodbye. <snip>

Being a newbie to the list, as well as to Iris growing, I have to say I
LOVE this philosophy!  I apply it to my other perennials, and have been
rather walking on egg shells around my newly acquired Iris plants. In my
case, I am so sick of *grandma's Iris* (both TB and IB in the innocuous
purple), I tend to be more tender hearted towards iris that will take me
away from the purple doldrums.

Thanks to you all for the excellent information you impart here.  One
question, having never experienced soft rot (or an Iris borer, for that
matter), can anyone direct me to a web site that details what to look
for with soft rot?

Many thanks from a newbie.

Pat Mitchell
pattm@execpc.com