Re: Cult: TBs and Rot

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Cult: TBs and Rot
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:25:02 -0500

On 6 Sep 01, at 6:04, Mike Sutton wrote:

> kilt lilt

    Again, KILT LILT didn't rot here.  It just didn't grow.  KL and
GIGOLO are in that one percent I mentioned, well within the 'margin
of error.' for rot where you live.  :)  KILT LILT was often referred
to as 'Kilt Wilt.'

   When I think of STEPPING OUT, SPINNING WHEEL, CARAMBA, BROADWAY,
EARL OF ESSEX as individual cultivars and and progenitors, I don't
ever remember them rotting. Go back farther than that to SWERTII,
MADAME CHEREAU,  MINNIE COLQUITT,  GIBSON GIRL, and ROCOCO, do they
ever rot?   In my observations, I really believe the plicatas are a
healthier bunch.  I suppose you could put them in a swamp and they'd
fail, but under ordinary bearded growing conditions, they are less
likely to fall victim to rot.

Walter Moores (Saturated soil with rot in some non-plic TB's, but no
rot at all in arilbreds. Strange there is no rot with them after
nearly six inches of rain spread out over a week).

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!