RE: Cult: TBs and Rot

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Cult: TBs and Rot
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:59:02 -0700

Buncha' talk about rotting TB's.  My consistently worst rotter is still one
of my favorite iris, Larry Gaulter.  It just grows enough to overcompensate,
but the outer leaves are always getting mushy at the base, and often a whole
rhizome goes bad.

Plic Queen in Calico had a reputation for rotting, but not for me.  Most
Gibson plics were very resistant.

Ghios recent plicatas have been fantastically healthy, but I lost his
earlier Indiscreet twice.

The pink self In Person had some rot off and on.

The Keppel Luminata lines have been bad rotters for me.  I finally bought
Mind Reader and Flights of Fancy this year.  Out of about 60 new purchases,
these two rotted within a month (my concrete trick seems to have kept the
tiny increase nodules alive so far).

Well, that's the southern Calif (9b) rot report

John Reeds

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!