Re: TB: Too much increase

  • Subject: Re: TB: Too much increase
  • From: ranchiris@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:08:50 EDT

    We here in Region 15 know that the champ of vigorous growth and rampant
increase is SCOONCHEE by Pete DeSantis.  It puts on a great show in the
garden.  Pete named it after his granddaughter - his nickname for her means
"little pest" in Italian.  It won the award for best In-Region iris at the
Region 15 Spring Trek in San Diego this year.
     I am planning to use it for a Brownie Troop project this fall - I can
come close to guaranteeing their success if they plant Scoonchee!
Kathy Chilton
Tucson AZ
Zone 8/9 Hot and dry!

CLICK HERE to search