Re: AIS: 2001 AIS AMs and HMs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: 2001 AIS AMs and HMs
  • From: Bill Shear <wshear@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 14:48:18 -0400

I was delighted to see DIABOLIQUE at the head of the AM list.  This is one
terrific iris here in central VA--good growth and lots of spectacular bloom.

GOOD VIBRATIONS is not so good--hard to keep going here.

MARIPOSA SKIES disappeared after a good first year.

LITTLE JOHN is very vigorous and a good bloomer even in a less than ideal
spot with poor soil and more shade than it should have.

Among the HMs, UNCLE CHARLIE ranked high and this is one of my favorites.

I note that LUXOR GOLD, which I mentioned a few days ago on the list as a
great overlooked iris, pulled down an HM, as did DEVIL'S LAKE.  Both were
introduced by Schreiners' as "bonus iris" (or am I wrong about LG?).

I'm starting to feel better about my judgements!

Bill S.

Monitoring Service trial