Re: CULT: Special care

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Special care
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:37:34 -0400

>Only the hybridizers can improve the toughness of iris so they can
>grow like the plants
>that grandmother grew without special treatment.
>
>Glenn Grigg, Raleigh, NC Zone 7

That was a very interesting & enlightening message Glenn.  I had
never heard of irises as being difficult to care for.  Roses on the
other hand I've always perceived as being too fussy.  I do not like
to grow things that require much attention... and I've even quit
growing non-winter-hardy plants that require lifting in the fall
(such as dahlias).  Interesting that someone out there thinks irises
are fussy!
--
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6