Re: CULT: questions

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: questions
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 06:57:20 -0500
On 7 Sep 01, at 23:02, John Jones wrote:

> I received these questions, and have no clue what a "beguine iris" or
> "american style iris" is. Anyone have any help fo rme??
    I think she wants the specific irises BEGUINE by Keith Keppel in '89 and
AMERICAN STYLE by Ed Roberts in '93.

    I have had people ask me the same type question, ' I want a
Conjuration iris or a Conjuration type iris, ' when they really want
CONJURATION.    Apparently, this folk etymology is not prevalent on
the West Coast? Another Southern expression?

   Walter Moores
   Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA (Yaquina as in Issaquena - a river county in

Monitoring Service trial