--- wmoores <wmoores@watervalley.net> wrote:
> Rot! Rot! Rot!  Fiddle-dee-dee!  If you'd grow more
> plicatas than
> selfs, you'd have less rot.  99% of the rotters are
> non-plics, or
> hadn't you noticed?  I cannot remember the last plic that
> rotted.
> I'll think about that tomorrow.
> Walter Moores
> Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8
V. sez:
   This may be area dependent. I have had a lot of problems
with rotting plics, mainly Gibson ones or descendants
thereof. (Gibson lived and hybridized in a dry area.) FANCY
WOMAN has had some rot here - this is not a Gibson, but was
mentioned as a rotter by someone.
   A veteran irisarian in PA has said that 20 years ago,
almost all plics he bought would rot within a year, but
that is not the case today.

Vince Lewonski
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
"Mary had a little lamb