Re: cult: REBLOOMERS

  • Subject: Re: cult: REBLOOMERS
  • From: "Ellen Gallagher" <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 04:06:31 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@m...> wrote:

(quoting me on Sept. 1, 01 speaking of my garden of 4 yrs. ago):

>>>IMMORTALITY (TB by Zurbrigg) was always a rebloomer as well.

*Rosalie - take note...I ordered IMMORTALITY in a small order of 6
from Schreiners's this summer and it has been planted less than 6 wks.
and it has a bloom stalk and a big bud. Altho' it is good to see that
IMMORTALITY still blooms in Sept. here, it will probably mean that we
will not see a bloom next June.

We usually have a frost by this time and there were was some frosts
last week but luckily not in our gardens. Usually, I had to take
IMM.'s bloom stalks in the house to protect the buds and see bloom.
Not this week with summer back again.

Looking forward to my one iris bloom in Sept.

Ellen Gallagher / Northern White Mts. / New Hampshire, US / Zone 3

(thinking that I need to get some reblooming SDBs from up North in
Can

Monitoring Service trial