Cult: Bloom report

  • Subject: Cult: Bloom report
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:59:29 +1000

Hi everybody

We're having a most confusing season. I'm not sure whether things are having late winter rebloom or early spring bloom.
Some of my SDB are coming up to bloom an schedule. Terra Verde is about to open and Scion is heading up beautifully. (it's a magificent apricot and very heavy bloomer.) My TB's are all over the place with Chocolate Vanilla doing it's earliest ever bloom and odd blooms on various other things,. However my La's are really confused with a number heading up at least a month early and Lost For Words is showing colour and should be out in a few days. Don't know if it will flower again in Nov or not.

Everything in the garden is looking very tatty after a weekend of heavy winds and rain. My daffodils are totally shredded. We had 80mm (over 3 inches) of rain in 36 hours, an awful lot for us. At least all the water tanks are full and the soaks oozing water all over the place. We'd built a pond about 7 metres long, beneath a wall, that is now staying completely full by seepage as it doesn't get any runoff.

Colleen Modra
Charleston SA

Monitoring Service trial