Re: CULT: Ultra Dawn and Moss

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Ultra Dawn and Moss
  • From: alhbee@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:02:02 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., "sdkeller" <sdkeller@f...> wrote:
> Al,
> I got a ton of moss when I last used Alfalfa bits. Have you used
any lately?
> SE NY State
> Zone 6

Sally,
I used alfalfa bits this year but not in this specific bed. I would
think that the moss covering would keep the soil a little wetter than
I would like to see. Please read Bill Shears' reply to my post. He
made valid suggestions to remedy the moss problem. While the moss is
dead, I intend to sprinkle lime 4 times a year as opposed to the
current two times. I have tilled a lot of amendments in since I built
this bed. This is probably similar to your use of alfalfa bits.

Al
Zone 7 No. Va.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search