Louisiana Iris help

  • Subject: Louisiana Iris help
  • From: Flowheat@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:58:13 EDT

Hello everyone:

I have dug up two Louisiana irises and planted them in 5 gallon pots. I want
to over winter them in a 55 degree shop, with light from one west window.
(this is where I usually over winter my geraniums)

Should I let the first frost knock back the tops as it would do if they were
left in the ground? Then try to keep them in a dormant state with just a
little water now and then?
Or should I keep them barely growing all winter? Should I put them in flat
pan with a couple of inches of water?
I am in zone 5 (dry)
Thanks,
Florence